SCG-5 Aluminum Traffic Door
Heavy-Duty & Practical
SCG-5 traffic doors are installed in kitchens, restaurants, banquet halls, cafeterias, hospitals, hotels and cooler applications all around the world. These very heavy duty and attractive traffic doors offer the classic look and durability associated with stainless steel and come standard with perimeter edge gasketing. They are constructed of a 3/4” sustainable, moisture resistant composite wood core and clad full height on both sides with satin anodized aluminum panels, stainless/galvanized center plates, galvanized base plates, and a galvanized back channel. Standard scratch-resistant 9” x 14” acrylic vision panels are set in black rubber molding. These doors operate on the Easy Swing Hinge® System pioneered by Eliason more than fifty years ago, and still the smoothest operating and most reliable hinge system on the market today. Custom windows, impact plates, easy spring bumpers and other options are available.
We pride ourselves on the attention to detail found in our finely engineered doors. See the product detail photos in the gallery below.
swipe for more gallery photos
- Core: Moisture resistant composite wood core
- Door Classification: Aluminum traffic door
- Door Design: The door body is constructed of a 3/4" thick exterior grade solid wood core and clad full height on both sides with aluminum panels, stainless steel / galvanized center plates, galvanized base plates, and a galvanized back channel
- Face Sheet Material: Satin anodized aluminum
- Back Channel: 14 gauge, grade "D" mill galvanized steel
- Base Plate: 18" high, 14 gauge, grade "D" mill galvanized steel (both sides)
- Center Plate: 30" high stainless steel (front), galvanized steel (rear)
- Core: .75" thick sustainable, moisture resistant, composite wood core
- Door Thickness: 1"
- Finish: .032" full length satin anodized aluminum panel (both sides)
- Gasket: Perimeter edge gasketing
- Hinge: Eliason Easy Swing® Hinge System
- Window: Standard 9" x 14" clear acrylic set in black rubber molding